Personal Statement Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

realitysickness

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I was wondering if it would be okay to write my PS in the second person ("you")? The entire PS is about me and my experiences described using 'you'. I know this is an unconventional approach given that first person is what is generally recommended, but I wanted to know if using the second person is a risk worth taking (given that everything else in my PS flows smoothly)? Would the use of second person turn off Adcom immediately?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I was wondering if it would be okay to write my PS in the second person ("you")? The entire PS is about me and my experiences described using 'you'. I know this is an unconventional approach given that first person is what is generally recommended, but I wanted to know if using the second person is a risk worth taking (given that everything else in my PS flows smoothly)? Would the use of second person turn off Adcom immediately?
I will definately change it to "I"