personal statement question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

socloseithurts

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys. i'm applying to masters programs/post-bacc as a back-up in case I don't get into dental school, and all of them want a personal statement. is it ok to say that i'm doing the program so that i stay mentally sharp and can raise my GPA? or will they be offended?

if i can't say that, then i'm not sure what to write. why DO people get masters? what can they do with them?

ps-sorry if this sounds totally ignorant 😳
 
im predent too..which programs are you applying too?

I would rephrase mentally sharp to keeping yourself academically challenged with the ultimate goal of using your degree to get into dental school. I doubt they will be offended they know why people are applying to their schools.
 
i don't know which ones...i'm still researching that. a lot of them require the GRE which I do not want to take, so that narrows it down a lot. and then, a lot of them only take MCAT scores, which is kind of degrading/discriminatory. do you know which ones you're applying to?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im applying to BU/Tufts MBS/UMDNJ/Midwestern(AZ)
just call and ask alot of the times they will substitute dat scores for mcat.