1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Personal Statement question

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by kevinlawton, Jul 22, 2011.

1. kevinlawton

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Okay I know turnitin.com saves other essays, but do they save our old personal statements because I was wondering since I will be submitting this year and was wondering if I used the same personal statement next year incase I do not get in would that be a problem?

Also I was wondering what peoples take was on writecheck, the student version of turnitin.com I was thinking of using that before I submit my PS to make sure since i'm sure everyone who has used turnitin.com has seen some weird matches. Earlier this year i got a match from the words "breast cancer" in my reproductive physiology paper.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doc toothache

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    You have as yet to apply this year and you are already worried about the next application cycle?

4. kevinlawton

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    was just trying to get some info since I was curious about it, thats all

5. JessicaG

Hi Kevin - I wanted to let you know that WriteCheck does not add your paper to the Turnitin databases. That way, when your instructor submits your paper to Turnitin, it is viewed as an original paper. https://www.writecheck.com/static/faq.html#faq_database Good luck with your papers this coming semester!