1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

personal statement question

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by boohoo123, Aug 5, 2011.

1. boohoo123

5+ Year Member

This might be stupid question but is your personal statement suppose to appear like this

example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example.
    example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example.

or like this

example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example.

example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example .

^ the first one only has one enter after the first paragraph and the second one has two enters. On my word document hte first one looks right but when I input it in the thing it looks squished. Whereas the second one looks weird on word but good on the app. I"m not sure what they really see

I know this is kind of an odd quesitn but thanks for the help anyway!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BobLoblawDDS

BobLoblawDDS Lost and confused
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I separated each paragraph with two line breaks (ie. your second option). Indenting by hitting tab doesn't work in the AADSAS field, and adding 5 spaces adds 5 characters to your essay, whereas two line breaks only use two, and looks better anyways.

4. boohoo123

5+ Year Member

so you didn't indent/use 5 paragraphs at the start of each new paragraph?

5. BobLoblawDDS

BobLoblawDDS Lost and confused
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student

No... Just separate each paragraph with a double line break. It's cleaner, more readable and minimises the amount of characters used.

6. boohoo123

5+ Year Member

thanks so much!!!!