personal statement question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boohoo123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might be stupid question but is your personal statement suppose to appear like this

example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example.
example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example.

or like this

example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example.

example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example .

^ the first one only has one enter after the first paragraph and the second one has two enters. On my word document hte first one looks right but when I input it in the thing it looks squished. Whereas the second one looks weird on word but good on the app. I"m not sure what they really see

I know this is kind of an odd quesitn but thanks for the help anyway!

Members don't see this ad.

This might be stupid question but is your personal statement suppose to appear like this

example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example.
example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example.

or like this

example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example.

example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example example .

^ the first one only has one enter after the first paragraph and the second one has two enters. On my word document hte first one looks right but when I input it in the thing it looks squished. Whereas the second one looks weird on word but good on the app. I"m not sure what they really see

I know this is kind of an odd quesitn but thanks for the help anyway!

I separated each paragraph with two line breaks (ie. your second option). Indenting by hitting tab doesn't work in the AADSAS field, and adding 5 spaces adds 5 characters to your essay, whereas two line breaks only use two, and looks better anyways.

I separated each paragraph with two line breaks (ie. your second option). Indenting by hitting tab doesn't work in the AADSAS field, and adding 5 spaces adds 5 characters to your essay, whereas two line breaks only use two, and looks better anyways.

so you didn't indent/use 5 paragraphs at the start of each new paragraph?

Members don't see this ad :)
so you didn't indent/use 5 paragraphs at the start of each new paragraph?

No... Just separate each paragraph with a double line break. It's cleaner, more readable and minimises the amount of characters used.