personal statement questions

Started by 143namil
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

143namil

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi guys.. probably discussed before but can't seem to find the thread

my gpa isnt' that high and i was wondering if i need to explain that in my personal statement.. like discuss the reasoning for why my classes have not improved significantly throughout my years.. things that go into detail like i had problems with my familyand so on
or should i stick witht eh basics as to why i want to be a pharmacist, etc, etc

any input would be great ! thanks
 
If they give you a topic for a PS follow it. If not, I would go with the standard "Why I Want to be a Pharmacist" but PLEASE... try to make it interesting otherwise you wont stand out!!! I wouldn't down play/mention your grades in your PS, perhaps after they read your well written and thoughtful PS they will want to invite you to an interview and it is there that I would address the grade situation if asked.
 
I was wondering if anyone was interested in giving me feedback on my PS. It would be greatly appreciated. Anyway, thanks for helping!!! 😳

And, I think ButlerPharm is right. Any bad grades should be explained in the interview. I tried to stick to the question and not stray on any tangents.