Personal Statement Quick Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smmossey

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question concerning the personal statement on the AMCAS and AACOMAS application. Is it shunned upon to use the same personal statement for both M.D. and D.O. applications? I know the character limit is different, but I have a 4500 character statement I would like to use for both. Does it matter or hinder me in any way? I would assume there is no way for them to know, but I'd better be safe than sorry. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

You said it yourself, how would they know? Osteopathic adcoms do not have access to AMCAS and allopathic adcoms do not have access to AACOMAS.

I figured as much...just being worrisome. Thank you for the assurance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, DO and MD are so similar (to me, at least) that I never really even drew a distinction before reading these forums. =\

Yeah, AMCAS and AACOMAS don't share info so the schools aren't going to even know that you applied both MD and DO. I used the same PS for both though I had to delete a paragraph for it to fit the AACOMAS space.