Personal statement service

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caloc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone recommend a personal statement editing service like dentalschoolcoach or essayanalytics?

I have an average GPA (3.5-3.6) and DAT (22). Decent ECs and work experience with zero research. Perhaps my personal statement could be make or break me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
@Roy Williams @Illumident Thank you very much for the offers! I really appreciate it. I do not have a personal statement ready yet though. I wrote up a personal statement to give to my letter writers, but after reading how other people write their personal statements, I think that mine is garbage so I'm going to start from scratch.

It looks like the best way to go about writing a personal statement is to narrate a pivotal moment in your life that made you want to pursue dentistry. I don't really have that... Mine was more like an about me where I just talked about how I went from pursuing medicine to dentistry...
Yeah, I don't know. I really don't like writing anecdotal essays.

Members don't see this ad :)
It can make a difference. I used to be an editor, and from one Cal alum to another, I'd be happy to give you feedback on it if you give me some time to get it back to you.
Can you please please help me out too??

If you need an additional pair of eyes, let me know & I can turn it around in a few weeks.

Be sure to explain your past experience, what skills you acquired from them and then how it related to dentistry.

I'll critique it for you.
I just stumbled across this thread and was wondering if someone would be able to look at my personal statement? Im a nontraditional applicant and this will be my first time applying.