Personal Statement Typo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDUB44

My Wiener (See Pic Below)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh no, I just noticed that my long since submitted personal statement is missing the period at the end of the last sentence. Is that a big deal, I also noticed one other typo on my app. Dang I must have read through that application a billion time, and still two errors. Suckage.

Members don't see this ad.

JDUB44 said:
Oh no, I just noticed that my long since submitted personal statement is missing the period at the end of the last sentence. Is that a big deal, I also noticed one other typo on my app. Dang I must have read through that application a billion time, and still two errors. Suckage.

yeah u probably wont get into med school now, they love their periods

shammgod23 said:
yeah u probably wont get into med school now, they love their periods

Really? man that blows, oh well I'll put it on when I re-apply next year. I'll be money then, no joke it would really suck if that kept me from gettting accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
JDUB44 said:
Really? man that blows, oh well I'll put it on when I re-apply next year. I'll be money then, no joke it would really suck if that kept me from gettting accepted.

They read through that stuff really quickly and I doubt they would pick up on the typos. If they did, I think adcoms have enough sense not to judge your whole application on the basis of a couple small slip-ups.

A missed period! :eek:

Oh, you mean a a typo. Never mind. :laugh:

With any luck, the readers will miss it just the way you did when you read it. Be extra careful with the secondaries. They can forgive one mistake but they'll nail you for the second.