Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sylean

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all
This is my first time applying for Vet School and my application asks for a personal statement, can anyone give me ideas of what a personal statement might look like or include?

Members don't see this ad.

There are forum members here who offer to read statements from applicants every year (look for the "Personal Statement Readers" thread) and they will be happy to look over yours and give you advice, once you get started.

If you do a little googling, you can also find some sample personal statements from veterinary students. There aren't many, but they are out there.

I also offer some personal statement writing tips on my blog, the link to which is posted in my signature below. ;)

It's good you're thinking about this early! Searching through the forum for old threads will give you a lot to go on. And definitely start drafting as soon as possible, it gives you plenty of time to edit, edit, possibly rewrite the whole thing, and edit some more. The more people you have read it, the better, both people you know irl as well as some of the readers on the forum on are extremely helpful. And just remember in the end it's your PS, so you don't have to take advice you get unless you want to, and good luck!!!