Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sophianad

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i was wondering if any of you would advise me please. i have written a personal statement which i think is honestly perfect it communicates all i have done as well as my passion, it has everything it in to the t. So i have applied to one dental school before, which i would also like to apply again to, but i am also applying to several more schools that i have not applied to. I would love to submit my personal statement to those schools, but i am very worried how it would affect the school that i already applied to? what would they think? should i change my essay?
thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Is this your personal statement from last time you applied?

yes it is, but i am only replying to one school, all the other schools i didn't apply to

Members don't see this ad :)
I was advised by someone on admissions to change your personal statement somewhat if you are reapplying to a school. You don't have to change it completely but tweak it so they know what you have done in the last year.

You should definitely re-work it. Ask yourself what you have done this year and how you have changed and what you learned from reapplying again. That should make it easier!

Thank you Bucks783, Dear SableFire i agree but i am only reapplying to one school.

Thank you Bucks783, Dear SableFire i agree but i am only reapplying to one school.
I reapplied this year also and both schools told me they keep applications from last cycle and expect you to update your personal statement (They want to see what you have done to improve yourself as a applicant). Either way good luck I hope you the best of luck this cycle!!

Also is the school that has cheapest and your dream school? If then rework it! I will happily edit it if you need help

ohh thank you very much SableFire, i will contact you once i work on it

Excellent keep me updated! If you want my two personal statements just PM me! Good luck my friend!

Just a comment, I know this is a message board, but I hope your PS is written better than your posts here, proper punctuation, capitalization, etc.

Yes, change your PS. You look lazy otherwise.

Hey guys, i was wondering if any of you would advise me please. i have written a personal statement which i think is honestly perfect it communicates all i have done as well as my passion, it has everything it in to the t. So i have applied to one dental school before, which i would also like to apply again to, but i am also applying to several more schools that i have not applied to. I would love to submit my personal statement to those schools, but i am very worried how it would affect the school that i already applied to? what would they think? should i change my essay?
thank you in advance!
Modesty is not in short supply.

Don't be so quick to judge, please. Thank you for your advice everyone!