Personal Statement

Started by deleted421268
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted421268

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it important to mention why D.O. in personal statement? What if I mentioned my interaction with an M.D. physician in it as compared to any D.O. physicians?
 
DO PGY-1, here. Do you have to specifically say you had an experience with an "MD"? Why not just talk about an experience with a "physician" and incorporate DO principles in your PS? That seems like the better approach. I definitely think it's helpful to answer "why DO" in your PS for DO schools.
 
Is it important to mention why D.O. in personal statement? What if I mentioned my interaction with an M.D. physician in it as compared to any D.O. physicians?

If you write about a comparison DO NOT write anything negative about either MDs or DOs. Or really any other profession for that matter. I learned that from a few sites that I read while writing my personal statement. I wrote my entire statement about why I chose DO and what it meant to me personally. I believe it separated me from the rest as they could really see how osteopathy had impacted me in my life