Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jqdental64

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
For those of you who wrote a personal statement for a master's program did you guys drastically change your personal statement for dental schools or just tweaked it to dentistry? I wrote mine about my journey into dentistry and ended it with talking about my master's program specifically for reference. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys!
For those of you who wrote a personal statement for a master's program did you guys drastically change your personal statement for dental schools or just tweaked it to dentistry? I wrote mine about my journey into dentistry and ended it with talking about my master's program specifically for reference. Thank you!
Mine was drastically different. In my masters personal statement I only briefly mentioned dentistry. In my dental personal statement I spoke more about my encounters while shadowing, and overall had a theme as to why I want to pursue this path and what experiences I have that will help.

If you just change dentistry to master that would be fine, but try to make it more specific to the master program by like changing some of the paragraphs. I know all these essay writing is annoying but its gonna be once in a life so stay strong and take it seriously!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you just change dentistry to master that would be fine, but try to make it more specific to the master program by like changing some of the paragraphs. I know all these essay writing is annoying but its gonna be once in a life so stay strong and take it seriously!
That's such a good suggestion, I wish I would have asked sooner! I already submitted my statement to my master's program and got accepted and now I'm applying to their dental school, I guess I'll just have to get even more specific to dentistry now. Thank you for your reply!

That's such a good suggestion, I wish I would have asked sooner! I already submitted my statement to my master's program and got accepted and now I'm applying to their dental school, I guess I'll just have to get even more specific to dentistry now. Thank you for your reply!
Happy to hear that! congrats! and sorry for the late response :D

Hey Guys!
Could you help look over my personal statement for my masters?