personal statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Madhatter

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

im working on my Pharmcas statement, but i've never written one and am new to the whole process of applying to pharm school. does anyone have samples i could take a look at or tips on how one would write one? i just have an idea about what to write abt i just dont know if i should start with a story or with an explanation of why i want to do pharmacy, etc...

pls help!!

Members don't see this ad.

This question has been asked before. People are not generally willing to share their personal statements in this manner. There is a section on personal statements in the FAQ that you may find helpful. Once your essay is written and proofread for spelling and grammar, you should be able to find at least a few people on SDN that will be willing to read it over and offer constructive feedback. Good luck!

Anna :)

I believe our question stems from the format of the personal statement.

For example:

story:

"When I was younger, I had a passion for helping others out. I realized this when I did my first service event at the Red Cross hospital. I was fortunate enough to help terminally ill children with their projects. etc"

essay:

"A career in pharmacy has always interested me. Leadership, responsibility, and willingness to help others are the characteristics that the field requires. These are also the best traits that describe myself."

Or do both ways work?