Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChemistI

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i would like to know if there are people out there who are willing to read my personal statement. if so, please let me know.
:D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i would like to know if there are people out there who are willing to read my personal statement. if so, please let me know.
:D

Beware, personally I don't think you should allow any people on this forum to read your personal statement. Let a professor, employer, or family member do so. By allowing people on this forum to do so, they can either:

(1) Receive insight on how to right their own personal statement
(2) Give you either good or bad advice depending on if they know you are in competition with them

Case in point: Personal Statements should be held in strict confidence. I would only allow people that you know and trust to help you because you know that they wouldn't be doing it for personal gain.

Side point: People willing to help on here may be genuine and have no personal gain to helping you by reading your PS, I am not trying to say they are not. But how do you know they will not use it to their own advantage?

Beware, personally I don't think you should allow any people on this forum to read your personal statement. Let a professor, employer, or family member do so. By allowing people on this forum to do so, they can either:

(2) Give you either good or bad advice depending on if they know you are in competition with them

Case in point: Personal Statements should be held in strict confidence. I would only allow people that you know and trust to help you because you know that they wouldn't be doing it for personal gain.

Side point: People willing to help on here may be genuine and have no personal gain to helping you by reading your PS, I am not trying to say they are not. But how do you know they will not use it to their own advantage?

Good point!!!! :thumbup:

ohhhhh......take tennis boys advice.......n b smart and don't send ur PS to people who just registered.....GO FIGURE.....MOST (and i repeat most) are just applying to pharmacy skools like u and I......hell i'm struggling wit my PS and cud easily have asked u to PM me......but since I am going into Pharmacy i'll b ethical.....as cheezy as it sounds......if u really do need sum1 to read it search the forums n send it to sum1 who has been here a while......want proof check this out....

HEYYA chemistI, i'll hav a read of ur PS. no worries just send it to me as an attachment on [email protected]

i hope 2 give u some feedback on it. well if u do read this plz do send it. ;)

i'm also doing pharmacy and was wondering if u could too have a read of mine, if u wannna. talk soon.

now check this posting 'shazchou' made.... http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=321183

c wat i mean......don't take chances.....after all we are all human rite......no offense to n e one.....but just ask directly to c it.....jeeez

may b i shud b come a detective....:laugh:

P.S. u can send me ur PS.....i will read it for you........:smuggrin:

we're not being harsh or n e thing jus tellin peeps to be careful.....just used ur example to show a point...... didn't say u were going to plagiarize or n e thing.......but because i PM'd sumone my personal and got no response i just wanted to go the xtra mile n warn peeps out there....n the person i PM'd......no need to get to xcited...i sent u one thinking u would respond n then i wud really send u my ACTUAL one....sooooo......agen b CAREFUL

Enough with the cloak and dagger bull****. This is a forum for information sharing and knowledge. This isn't the place for sabotage and conspiracy. If this is your concern then by all means keep your PS locked in a safe until you hand deliver it to the ADCOM. But I think it is a little imature to suggest that others do the same. I have sent my PS out to a few people and recieved great feedback; some I have used and some I have not.

hey shazchou....i DID NOT say i sent u my PS....i sed i sent it to SUMONE.....since then i jus looked for peeps who had been here longer....and like oakland_raiders sed.....i did get sum goooooddd feedbak.....phew....

by the way, you can go to the SDN main page and look at the "Essay 101" section. It is geared for the MCAT, but shows some pretty good REAL essays that have gotten folks into some pretty good Med schools.

Sorry if I offended any of the "Me, Me, Me" types out there by trying to help others out...you would think I wanted to something crazy like be a pharmacist or something with that kind of attitude. :smuggrin:

It really makes my brain hurt to read some of these posts. Do you have to try and type this way? Or does it come naturally? I just hope that your personal statements are written with a little bit more polish. I frankly am a little scared that some of you might become pharmacists - show some maturity!

To actually be on topic, when I wrote my PS I used the "Essay 101" guide, plus a couple of others I found on the internet. I also shared my drafts with friends and family. I went through 3 drafts until I had one that I really liked.

I will. Just pm me too.

Moxxie..

Your cat looks so much like me cat.. How cute...