personal statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haiwon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i just started writing my ps and was wondering how long should it be. people have told me that it should be about a page long, but i have read some samples that seem more than a page.

Members don't see this ad.

check out pharmcas, i believe their word limit is like 2000 or something. i think this translates to like 2-3 pages. since ur ps is one of your chances to shine i would use up as much of that as possible.

4500 character limit. That equates to about a page and a half.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the prompt for PharmCAS PS the same each year? "Why do you want to a be pharmacist? ..."

probably... it's been the same or at least very similar the last two years but then pharmcas is a general application so the prompt is general lol

anyone ever use the same personal statement as the one they used the year before? do schools keep a file of your past applications?

anyone ever use the same personal statement as the one they used the year before? do schools keep a file of your past applications?

It's best not to use the same personal statement. As far as I know, the schools do keep your past application on file.

Even if you don't know whether they do or not, I would not risk it because it would not be good if the admissions committee were to find out that you have used the same personal statement as your past applications.

It's best not to use the same personal statement. As far as I know, the schools do keep your past application on file.

Even if you don't know whether they do or not, I would not risk it because it would not be good if the admissions committee were to find out that you have used the same personal statement as your past applications.

Why wouldn't it be a good idea to have the same PS? Wouldn't your purpsose and goal to be a pharmacist the same throughout your career? Maybe a little change here and there, but shouldn't it be basically the same?

Why wouldn't it be a good idea to have the same PS? Wouldn't your purpsose and goal to be a pharmacist the same throughout your career? Maybe a little change here and there, but shouldn't it be basically the same?

What I meant was that I wouldn't recommend submitting the same exact personal statement that you've written last year. Yes, it's fine to change it up a bit. However, I think that you can still write a new personal statement with the same purposes and goals to be a pharmacist.

Thanks for clearing it up. I have enough problem suming my whole boring life in one page.

What I meant was that I wouldn't recommend submitting the same exact personal statement that you've written last year. Yes, it's fine to change it up a bit. However, I think that you can still write a new personal statement with the same purposes and goals to be a pharmacist.

if your personal statement from last year won you an interview, you would want to use it again this year would you? but i guess how good your PS is depends on the current applicant pool too..