personal statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mestmet31

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who got into dental school so far, I was just wondering if you had any advice on what to put into the personal statement. Anything from general information to specifics would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who got into dental school so far, I was just wondering if you had any advice on what to put into the personal statement. Anything from general information to specifics would be appreciated.

How about explaining why you want to be a dentist.

I agree with the above post, but more specifically try to talk about how you got to the point of wanting to become a dentist, the challenges you faced in pursuing your dream, and what you want to do with your degree. This will give them some sort of idea of what kind of person you are and what kind of dentist you might be.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea and I know you probably heard this a million times but emphasize on what is unique about you. Find and talk about things that probably no one else has.

Well I truly believe the essay is for you to tell the school what has led you to want to be a dentist. It should be personal and chronologically describe your path to your application. What events in your life have led you to their door?