Personal statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am writing my essay & personal statement which are an anxiety-inducing part of the application process for me. Can anybody give me some suggestions or even examples ? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey. I was in that situation as well. I just searched on yahoo/google for as many articles on personal statements, statements of purpose, personal essays, grad essays, etc. as I could find. I found a decent amount of good articles on them. I'm not sure if I had great personal statements, but I think I did at least OK on them.

Thanks for suggestions. I thought I was the last person to apply the program. Are you also applying this year's program?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've already sent my apps in. The schools I applied to had deadlines for regular admission at Jan 15th. I honestly didn't know that there were schools still accepting applications, so I was kind of surprised anyone would still be writing their personal statement. Where are you applying/Whats the deadline?
Good luck!

Thank you for your quick reply. I did a lot of research and found some schools still accept applications. The deadlines are March, April, even June. Can I take a look at your PS?

If you want to, PM me your email address. I'll send an email w/attachment. Just so you know, I felt that my personal statement was probably the weakest part of my applications so I may not be the best person to get an example from. But if you want it anyway, I can do that for ya.
Oh, and I won't be able to send it right away cause its saved on a different computer than I am on right now.

Thank you so much. It is so kind of you. I am struggling with my PS and have no idea at all. Your example will help me a lot. Thank you. I really appreciate it. I will PM you immediately.

if you are still on undergrad school, or even if you kept in touch with faculty, I would say have one professor that you trust help you. That is what I did and he helped me a lot!!!! I wrote a draft and he reviewed it, and since he knows what schools are looking for in those statements he was able to help me direct what I was trying to convey in a ore effective way...