Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Personal Statements

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Doggie, May 3, 2001.

1. Doggie

Doggie Professional Jackass
    10+ Year Member

In an effort to keep this board rolling (and something for me to do while i sit at home doing nothing), I am curious as to what you guys have wrote (or decided to write) on your personal statements.

To start off, I will describe a lil about what I have wrote.

I basically described how I had chipped my #9 and was fitted with a crown when I was in junior high. Before the restoration, I had to toil with imprefections with my teeth.....hence teasing from other kids......hence low self-esteem (somewhat BS yet somewhat true). :D Finally when my tooth was restored, no more teasing and all of a sudden more self-esteem! :p Then I went on describing that dentists are cool cuz they give self-esteem via perfect smile (which is true).....yada yada yada.......you get the idea.

Hehe....sounds kinda cheesy, but it worked for me!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dante60

Dante60 Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I can't remember what I wrote, without having it in front of me.. but I do remember panicking after I had sent it:
    I missed a word, and noticed it about 10 minutes too late.

*grin*

Fortunately, they didn't notice it. :) In any case, I talked about how friendly my dentist is and how I admire his work. I talked about wanting to tie in my creativity with some higher order knowledge, and I discussed the fact that I play guitar. :) Actually, I think I spoke a touch too much about the guitar thing, and not enough about dentistry, but no one seemed to mind.

:)

4. Makenzeey

Makenzeey Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone have any comments about Temple University's Dental School and Northwestern University Dental School ? :confused:

5. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Did you know that Northwestern's Dental school just graduated its last class?