1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Personal Statements

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Doggie, May 3, 2001.

1. Doggie

Doggie Professional Jackass

In an effort to keep this board rolling (and something for me to do while i sit at home doing nothing), I am curious as to what you guys have wrote (or decided to write) on your personal statements.

To start off, I will describe a lil about what I have wrote.

I basically described how I had chipped my #9 and was fitted with a crown when I was in junior high. Before the restoration, I had to toil with imprefections with my teeth.....hence teasing from other kids......hence low self-esteem (somewhat BS yet somewhat true). :D Finally when my tooth was restored, no more teasing and all of a sudden more self-esteem! :p Then I went on describing that dentists are cool cuz they give self-esteem via perfect smile (which is true).....yada yada yada.......you get the idea.

Hehe....sounds kinda cheesy, but it worked for me!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dante60

Dante60 Member
    Physician

Dentist
    I can't remember what I wrote, without having it in front of me.. but I do remember panicking after I had sent it:
    I missed a word, and noticed it about 10 minutes too late.

*grin*

Fortunately, they didn't notice it. :) In any case, I talked about how friendly my dentist is and how I admire his work. I talked about wanting to tie in my creativity with some higher order knowledge, and I discussed the fact that I play guitar. :) Actually, I think I spoke a touch too much about the guitar thing, and not enough about dentistry, but no one seemed to mind.

:)

4. Makenzeey

Makenzeey Junior Member

Does anyone have any comments about Temple University's Dental School and Northwestern University Dental School ? :confused:

5. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member

Did you know that Northwestern's Dental school just graduated its last class?