Personal Statment Questions

Started by bd722
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bd722

ICO class of 2013!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,

I had a question about personal statements. Do the schools want you to make them creative or just straight answer their questions about why optometry and why their particular school? When I say straight answer their questions, do I want to say something like "I want to pursue optometry as a career because...." or make it creative...I don't know like talk about an inspirational quote or something or a life-changing experience that could relate to optometry (It sounds cheesy) but you get the idea as to what I mean by creative...

Anyone whose been accepted by optometry schools have any suggestions?? Thanks! 🙂
 
I had the same question! I wonder how creative one can be if some applications have a maximum limit of words. Any input??
 
Due to space limitations, I have composed PS's in a manner which attempts to be original; however, for the most part, straightforward and to the point. At first I attempted to deliver some creativity, but I was finding that I was running out of space to put what really was relevant and important.

Hope this helps somehow.