Personality Disorder

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Solideliquid

Members Only
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

I would like some insight on Histrionic Personality Disorder, first of all I did not really see any personality disorder or therapy for personality disorder in my three months of psych rotations. So then I was wondering if anyone with any experience can give me some insight in the histrionic type.

I'd like to know because first, I am interested in personality disorders as a research oppurtunity, and second because I think someone who is very close to me has developed the histrionic type of personality disorder in the last 4-5 years.

I am very much at a loss of how to speak to my other family members cocerning this loved one. And I am even more at a loss because I have no idea how to speak to this loved one myself about her apparent condition.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance!