Pet drugs

Started by drdw
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drdw

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a weird question....I have some Amoxicillin 500 mg for my dog. I have no insurance and was wondering if I could take a few of them to get rid of a sinus infection. Is it really that different than human RX?
 
Not that I would advise using it, but most pet RX are the same as humans.
 
Don't take antibiotics unless you have enough to do an entire cycle (hint: they usually don't perscribe more than one cycle) You probably were supposed to finish your dog's cycle as well. You could end up with a nasty, resistant sinus infection (not too fun). Try a free walk in clinic. If it is a sinus infection hopefully they can give you enough free samples to get you through a cycle (hopefully a Z-pack). Hope you are feeling better.