Pets?

Started by 3eb4me
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

3eb4me

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many of you have pets in optometry school? Or plan to have one in optometry school? I'm concerned I might not have enough time.
 
My pride and joy and substitute for a child for the next 5 years is my Lab/Shepherd puppy, Kiana. I worry that I may not have enough time to take care of her like I do now, but I'll take it one day at a time. What really worries me is finding a place to live that will accept big dogs. She has a huge yard now, so I would prefer to rent a house wherever I move to. I'm considering ICO, Pacific, and thinking about applying to SCO. Anyone from any of those schools have any pet experience? Particularly with renting a house? Thanks!
 
prettygreeneyes said:
My pride and joy and substitute for a child for the next 5 years is my Lab/Shepherd puppy, Kiana. I worry that I may not have enough time to take care of her like I do now, but I'll take it one day at a time. What really worries me is finding a place to live that will accept big dogs. She has a huge yard now, so I would prefer to rent a house wherever I move to. I'm considering ICO, Pacific, and thinking about applying to SCO. Anyone from any of those schools have any pet experience? Particularly with renting a house? Thanks!

I know lots of people that have pets...the first year would be the best year to get a pet if you get a young one that needs lots of time playing and training.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sco1styear said:
I know lots of people that have pets...the first year would be the best year to get a pet if you get a young one that needs lots of time playing and training.

I just got a dog for christmas soo I hope I"ll have time!! :scared: but I would say if your going to UAB the best time to get a dog would be after your first quarter, becuase that one is just insane!!