Pets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Loptometriste

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone bringing a pet with to optometry school? I don't mean class either. 😛 or anyone in school now with one? I want to bring my medium sized dog but worried I won't have time for her. I am moving my horse to my parents with free board. I bet they'll love that. 😀
 
I'm keeping my small dog with me throughout school. I guess it depends on your setup with an apartment/housing and location. I'll most likely be renting a house with one of my friends who's at UH for grad school and it has a little dog door into the backyard. My dog will be able to eat and sleep inside, and go outside as he pleases.
 
I need to bring my dog too. She's also medium sized around 45 lbs. I'd be heartbroken if I couldn't bring her.