Position Wanted PGY-1 any field, anywhere

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lemondrop20124513

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please, if you are aware of a PGY1 opening, let me know. Have been volunteering in research for the past 4 years. IMG, permanent resident. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Similarly, I am a recently graduated unmatched DO with a masters looking for any PGY1 position. I am open to any specialty, at any location. Focused on surgery towards the end of clerkship before the pandemic lockdown. Focused on publishing more in a program that favors researchers as I have multiple publications.

Same. Or PGY2 I’ve done one year of IM, taken Step 3. Graduated from Caribbean school so can’t get a license. (I’ve look at MO, FL etc ‘mid level ‘ types license house physician assistant physician etc and have not found any opportunities in such. Please message me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same. Or PGY2 I’ve done one year of IM, taken Step 3. Graduated from Caribbean school so can’t get a license. (I’ve look at MO, FL etc ‘mid level ‘ types license house physician assistant physician etc and have not found any opportunities in such. Please message me.
Get a license in Puerto Rico (PR) and start working for the Indian Health Service (IHS). The IHS is a branch of the fed so you need a license from any state to work for them. They hire GP.

By the way, you only need 1 year of postgrad training to get an PR unrestricted physician license whether or not you are FMG/IMG or AMG.

Ive looked into both of these. IHS says you need a full unrestricted license, and puertorico there are not any medical licensing services that work with them.

Ive looked into both of these. IHS says you need a full unrestricted license, and puertorico there are not any medical licensing services that work with them.
I know multiple people doing that right now, and one of them is a good friend of mine...

You need a license from ANY state to work for IHS.

My friend only has a PR license because he was an IMG and did a prelim year only and could not get a license anywhere except PR.

PM me if you want to know more.

Reactions: 1 user