PGY-1 spots?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wasatch

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a PGY-1 in another field, that has decided their choice was baaaaad!

Any open spots out there in our beautiful country? Looking only for combined programs, otherwise will try and apply for 2008.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

what field are you in?

i bet 10 Mickey Dollars, on... medicine(im)?

Funny....this is why I want to be in path...all the people with personalities are there!

I started in family medicine....thinking I could try and see if I like it...kind of thing. I was contemplating path all through 3rd and 4th year, but chose family because I wanted to work for myself in a smaller town. I originally thought the residency for pathology was too long with a fellowship almost required these days. I am 34 years old, and wanted to finish residency quickly and start to work. Now, I know I would be miserable if I actually do this kind of work. Should have stuck with my gut and stayed on course for a career in pathology.....my mistake.

I am going to quit my family residency at the end of this month and focus just on a pathology residency. I am scheduled to take the step 3 in October, so I can get it out of the way. Not holding my breath for an open pgy-1 spot, but I thought I would see what is out there.