Position Wanted PGY-2 Family Medicine

Started by AquaFlow
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AquaFlow

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was at the end of my PGY-2 which was extended due to repeating inpatient for 8 weeks additional. Ultimately delayed my transition into PGY-3. No patient safety events, no professionalism issues. Actually initially it was called a, "knowledge gap" but I got the highest ITE score in 2nd year so that excuse was replaced with a vague reason to keep me from moving into 3rd year. To top it off only received a 2 weeks notice.

I have 30+ weeks of inpatient medicine, and that's excluding night shifts; I've done overnight shifts independently (minimal supervision by attending) and even had a night I covered for internal medicine as well (60 patients total). Again, no safety concerns there. I have contacted a couple of programs on Residency Swap, Find a Resident and have applied on ERAS with the support of my PD and 3 additional LOR's from hospitalists. Intensely passionate about FM specifically as I was hoping to practice street medicine, serve the homeless and nursing homes and just making the world a better place.

Seemingly, I went into a program that was inpatient focused with minimal interest in pediatrics, community and rural service which is the basics of Family Medicine and Primary Care. I have completed 27 months total. Please let me know if any leads on PGY-2 openings! I'm very flexible and adaptable, even if starting at PGY-1.

Thanks all!