PGY-2 GPR Availability

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TNdent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of any programs with a current opening for a pgy2 GPR position?

Members don't see this ad.

You would probably have to research which programs have PGY2 (oftentimes it’s only listed on their websites) and contact the program director directly. Some directors do post openings on this forum though

Are there certain states that require 2 years GPR? what is the reasoning behind a second year. I remember when I was a undergrad at stony brook there was a pgy-2 GPR

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there certain states that require 2 years GPR? what is the reasoning behind a second year. I remember when I was a undergrad at stony brook there was a pgy-2 GPR

I’m not aware of any states requiring 2 years GPR experience. I posted for my friend who is applying to Peds this cycle and SDN account was rejected for some reason. But I would assume people who want to apply for specialty programs would choose to do a PGY-2, internship, or fellowship instead of having to look for a job for one year. Of course, that is assuming they match.

Hi OP! Not sure if you've found an answer, but the Wake Forest GPR in W-S, NC is a 2-yr GPR program. I don't know if they have any PGY-2 openings, but it sure wouldn't hurt to ask.