Position Wanted PGY-2 Internal Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreiko

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in a rural Family practice program in good standing, starting my 3rd year of residency. (Our program is HRSA funded, so there is no CMS.) My program doesn't have an ICU at our critical access hospital nor does it have nephrology patients in house.

I'm very interested in hospital medicine/internal medicine, so I am willing to repeat my second year just to go into internal medicine. Or if there is a Family practice program heavy in hospital medicine in the western united states, I'd be very interested.

If you know of any openings in Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Utah, NM, NV, Colorado etc., please PM me. I'd really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently in a rural Family practice program in good standing, starting my 3rd year of residency. (Our program is HRSA funded, so there is no CMS.) My program doesn't have an ICU at our critical access hospital nor does it have nephrology patients in house.

I'm very interested in hospital medicine/internal medicine, so I am willing to repeat my second year just to go into internal medicine. Or if there is a Family practice program heavy in hospital medicine in the western united states, I'd be very interested.

If you know of any openings in Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Utah, NM, NV, Colorado etc., please PM me. I'd really appreciate it.

"Memorial Hospital of South Bend" in Indiana (1.5 hours from Chicago) is one of the best in the country. Very balanced program, strong residents, great support, very inpatient heavy, lots of procedures/autonomy, open ICU service, level II trauma center in a town of about 200,000. The current PGY-2 class is one resident short if interested. Many enter hospitalist practice.

As an FM resident, you would need to either complete 3 total years of training, and then you might qualify for a PGY-2 IM position (you can get 1 year of IM credit for a full FM residency, but it's at the IM PD's discretion). Otherwise, you need a PGY-1 position.