PGY-2 positions July 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rjaacd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! current PGY1 in obgyn who desperately wants to switch into Dermatology. If you know of any PGY2 positions available for July 2018 please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

That is not how things work. You should talk to your home program and see what they think of your chances. pgy-2 spots do open, but there is a horde of quality people that did not match that are gunning for those open spots. Usually they are in the match.

Hi guys! current PGY1 in obgyn who desperately wants to switch into Dermatology. If you know of any PGY2 positions available for July 2018 please let me know.

Hi! where are you doing your pgy1 obgyn?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are you in residency?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the idea that anyone could randomly on a whim switch from OB or just any specialty to derm is not realistic. Not only is derm one of the most competitive specialties to match into, but switching into it with no background into the specialty will likely make it even worse.