PGY-2 Spot at Partners available.

Started by NeuroSpot
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NeuroSpot

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It has come to my attention that a PGY-2 spot is available beginning July at Partners (MGH-BWH) neurology.

Interested/qualified parties should contact the residency director, Dr. Steven Feske.
[email protected]
 
It has come to my attention that a PGY-3 position is available at Mayo Rochester starting the same time.
 
wow, these seems like two very well respected programs, I couldn't imagine why a resident would want to leave, unless they had personal reasons. But, for a PGY-3, wouldn't a person already have to be into their PGY-2 year of a neurology residency? I am not sure who would want to "change horses mid-stream" and start anew at a different program, especially if its short changes the current residency program they were at. What would they say, "Uh, they opened up a PGY-3 spot at Mayo, so I'm going to leave at the end of this fiscal year, sorry to break it to you on such short notice, have fun filling out the call schedule though!"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can understand PGY2 openings. Poor impressionable medicine prelims get brainwashed into just staying in IM.

I've got no idea how that's even possible! (no offense to internists out there)

CHF, PNA, ARF 😱 Get me the hell off the medicine wards.
 
Onco has been such an ass on this forum, that many find it is best just to ignore him. It's your own personal choice, though.