PGY-2s: OKAPs done!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubensan

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OKAPs done! 2 and 1/2 months left of first year! discuss!:D

Members don't see this ad.

Well, glad thats over with. Anyone know what that mystery instrument was on the test?

Did -anyone- think it was harder this year compared the last year? I may be in trouble....

Members don't see this ad :)
Did -anyone- think it was harder this year compared the last year? I may be in trouble....

The PGY-3's in my program said the same, if that helps. :thumbup:

Always nice to see pigmentary paravenous retinochoroidal atrophy and idiopathic senile sclerochoroidal calcification on there. Too bad there were no hard questions.

So you think that was pigmented paravenous, too? One of my fellow residents thinks it was DUSN, and that's why they showed the other (normal) fundus shot. There did seem to be definite pigmentation only around the venules, though.

BTW, are we breaking any rules by discussing OKAP topics on this forum?

i think it is a violation to reproduce the test in any way. the above posts have been unapproved...whatever that means. please delete any post that contains test content in any way. the original purpose of the thread was to discuss the relief after taking the OKAPs rather than the actual questions. sorry....

BTW, are we breaking any rules by discussing OKAP topics on this forum?

I thought it was DUSN, since the nerve was pale, and it was unilateral. It also did not look like the PPRA on last year's test. The classic Description of PPRA is bilateral.

Here's an excerpt from a case report in Nature:

Pigmented paravenous retinochoroidal atrophy (PPRA) is an uncommon disease characterised by paravenous zones of retinal degeneration with bone spicule pigmentation.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 This is an asymptomatic disease usually detected during routine ophthalmic examination. The condition is generally bilateral and young adults are most commonly affected. The cause of the disease is unknown although an inflammatory10 or hereditary11 aetiology has been suggested. We report a case with typical fundus appearance of paravenous pigmented retinochoroidal atrophy accompanied by an active inflammation with cystoid macular edema.