Position Swap PGY1 medicine prelim -- looking to switch from Woodhull to Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

in-the-mix

Reaction score
To whom it may concern,

I'm an MS4 on the verge of graduating from SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn. I went unmatched into my specialty of choice, and ended up going down to prelim year matches. I ended matching at Woodhull (3.4 miles from Downstate). Ironically, I wanted Downstate, and now I am looking for anyone who matched at Downstate for the preliminary medicine year to switch with my preliminary year of medicine at Woodhull. They are both excellent programs, and are right next to each other, so there is a minimal difference between the intern year experience you would receive. In my case, though, I need to be closer to Downstate in order to continue working with people I've worked with at the school to improve my chances of matching into an advanced position this upcoming year. It would be a minimal difference for you, but it would mean the world to me.

Thank you for your consideration.

Members don't see this ad.