PGY2 in dermatology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kanthreddy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
dear friends,
does anyone know if any PGY2 dermatology vacancies are available for july 2010.
i will very greatfull if someone can help me.
many thanks
kanth

Members don't see this ad.

I, myself, am looking for an open PGY-2 Dermatology spot- preferably with a generous sign on bonus- and little to no call, with a minimum of clinic hours. If anyone knows of an open spot let me know.

fyi: The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas is accepting applications for a resident (PGY-2 or higher) to START training July 1, 2010.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if they are taking applications via ERAS or are they filling this position outside the match?

Positions outside the match do occasionally open up for people who have already completed an intern year or another residency. The best way to find out about these positions is by staying in touch with the PD at your home school. They are in the know about these things.

got an email stating the following. the email came with an attached word document that appeared to be an application. just wanted to pass this along to anyone interested.

this is what the email said:

Please distribute the following notice to interested parties.

The Dermatology Program at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas is accepting applications for a resident (PGY-2 or higher) to START training July 1, 2010. All inquires will be processed STRICTLY via Email: (1) those already registered with ERAS for the 2010 Match who applied previously to our program should just inform us since we have access to that information; (2) all others should provide a COMPLETE application (attached) including CV, medical school transcript, copy of USMLE performance certificate, a personal statement of career goals, Dean's letter and 2 letters of recommendation.

Send all materials to [email protected] no later than February 11, 2010. Materials may also be mailed to:

Jo Urquhart
Department of Dermatology
UT Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75390-9069