PGY2 or PGY3 IM Position in Northern California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SCVMC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
PGY2 or PGY3 vacancy for an Internal Medicine Residency Program in Northern California to begin July 2011.

Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (SCVMC) is a Stanford University-affiliated county hospital located in the heart of Silicon Valley. As the public hospital for one of the most diverse counties in the United States, SCVMC serves a patient population of incredible variety in culture, language, economic background, and medical problems. Our Internal Medicine Residency Program is an academically rigorous program that trains young physicians to be superb clinicians who are extremely successful in pursuing careers in primary care, hospital-based medicine and fellowship in all the medical subspecialties.

We are actively recruiting for PGY2 or PGY3 residents interested in transferring to our Program to complete their training. Applicants must be in good standing with their program and carry a green card or be a US citizen (unfortunately our institution does not support H1/J1 Visas). Interested applicants should visit our website to learn more:

http://www.scvmed.org/portal/site/scvmc/

Please contact Dr. Steve Roey, Program Director, at [email protected] or Amy Luu, Program Coordinator, at [email protected], for more information.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Has scvmc sent out interview invites for prelim & categorical IM for the 2011 match yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am PGY-3 Family Medicine resident at University of Minnesota. Would I be eligible for you PGY-3 IM opening starting July 2011. Thanks kindly.

I am PGY-3 Family Medicine resident at University of Minnesota. Would I be eligible for you PGY-3 IM opening starting July 2011. Thanks kindly.
unfortunately, ABIM will only grant credit towards PGY1 training, which means you can only receive month for month credit towards PGY1 IM. you might even be required to complete another 2-6 months of internship (depending on your FM PGY1 schedule), before starting your PGY2 year.

Can this program sponsor a visa under any circumstances?
I am looking for PGY2, but I need visa sponsorship.

Per FRIEDA they invited 350 applicants for 28 spots last year!! How do they decide who to rank with such a huge number of apps!:confused::(

Can I apply?

Did PGY 1 categorical internal medicine. Hospital closed for no money. Got into Nuclear Medicine. Now in the last year of nuclear medicine residency. No job in the market. Want to go back to internal medicine.

If positive, please contact

[email protected]