PGY2 PM&R openings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

star4angel24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a EM resident interested in switching into PM&R. I have already completed intern year and am looking for PGY2 openings. Is there a central location where PM&R post residency vacancies?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just out of curiosity, why wanting to switch from EM?

I switched into PM&R after my intern year from another specialty. You need to contact programs directly and see if they have an opening. Make sure you're out of your EM contract before you contact other programs. If you're not, it could be considered an NRMP match violation and you could potentially be prohibited from going through the match in the future if you need to.

Members don't see this ad :)
I switched into PM&R after my intern year from another specialty. You need to contact programs directly and see if they have an opening. Make sure you're out of your EM contract before you contact other programs. If you're not, it could be considered an NRMP match violation and you could potentially be prohibited from going through the match in the future if you need to.

Out of curiosity, you didn't need to go through the match to find the PGY-2? I had to go through the match in order to switch, there were literally no open spots.

I started my PM&R residency in 2011. I completely lucked out-contacted 5 programs and one was expanding their program by one position. Otherwise I would have had to go through the match again.