PGY2 spot opening for 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

invitro

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a categorical intern in an university-affliated IM program in NY. Switched into anesthesiology. I loved the IM program, but just like gas more. Anyway, if anyone is interested in a relatively cush, very resident focused program c great teaching and nice benies (free food, hospital subsidized housing right across the hospitral....I may be able to set up a good deal with furniture etc, free health care for residents, very cheap health care for families), with ALL the fellowships (even allergy to open up next year) please PM me.

BTW If you are a US allo grad with decent board scores (>210) you will be a shoe-in here. Also the program LOVES US allo grads for its fellowships....even cards/GI....they are really trying to recruit more us allo people. So, if you are a US allo grad who is tired of the administrative bullcrap and crazy hours of a university prog this might be a very good opportunity.

I don't want to discourage FMGs, b/c there are quite a few in the program, but it is just that the program is really striving for more US allo grads. FMGs (provided they work hard/do research) also are considered for in house fellowships. You will probably have to have decent good board scores (>225) either step 1 or 2, to be considered.

Alot of you probably are wondering that this might be weird, that I'm trying to help out a program I'm leaving, but I really like the people here, and love how kind and caring the senior r2 and r3s have been to me during intership.

Again PM or reply to the thread if you guys are interested.

-invitro

Members don't see this ad.

Hello invitro,

Hope that you are fine. I am in a preliminary IM program and I am looking for a PGY2 position for 2007. Based on your description, it seems like your program is a very nice place. Could you provide me with some more information about the program? (e.g. its name, location).

Thanks

-mfc1990

Hi invitro,
I am in a pg1 spot in a small program and amlooking for a pgy2 spot in internal medicine with better fellowship prospects. Could you please give some info on the program. My usmle scores are 235 and 226. Thanks in advance.

Hi in vitro,

Would u happen to know if your program is still accepting applications? What is the program's name?

Thanks.:)