Ph.D. Question

Started by deleted202457
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted202457

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know there will be many of you that will tell me to search on the computer and crap...and I have...I just can't find what I want so I thought I'd ask...What exactly are the options one would have with a Ph.D. in a biology related field? I know there are many different specific doctorates but I wanted to know in general cuz I can't find anywhere that specifically addresses this...

I know that I could be a professor but I was wondering about any other possible positions...

Thanks to anyone who helps and doesn't just say I'm an idiot...
 
I know there will be many of you that will tell me to search on the computer and crap...and I have...I just can't find what I want so I thought I'd ask...What exactly are the options one would have with a Ph.D. in a biology related field? I know there are many different specific doctorates but I wanted to know in general cuz I can't find anywhere that specifically addresses this...

I know that I could be a professor but I was wondering about any other possible positions...

Thanks to anyone who helps and doesn't just say I'm an idiot...

It depends on the field, but a PhD is primarily an academic research degree. If you have a PhD in genetics, pharmacology, biochem, mirobio, etc., you can often get a position in R&D, pharmaceutical research, defense, biotech.