Pharm Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

antiaromatic

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if I could get some insight as to my chances at some mid tier schools.

My gpa is wavering at 3.0 (PharmCAS probably 2.95 cause of freshman forgiveness). I have research experience and have been working in a pharmacy for almost a year now. I just took the PCAT a couple days ago and got a composite of 76 with a 46 in bio. I'm planning on retaking in September and improving my score. UNC is definitely my top choice but I realize its a longshot even if I improve my PCAT score drastically.
Besides that, VCU, Buffalo, UMD-Baltimore, Campbell, Shenandoah are options I am considering.

Any advice or thoughts as to my chances?

Thanks buddies
 
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if I could get some insight as to my chances at some mid tier schools.

My gpa is wavering at 3.0 (PharmCAS probably 2.95 cause of freshman forgiveness). I have research experience and have been working in a pharmacy for almost a year now. I just took the PCAT a couple days ago and got a composite of 76 with a 46 in bio. I'm planning on retaking in September and improving my score. UNC is definitely my top choice but I realize its a longshot even if I improve my PCAT score drastically.
Besides that, VCU, Buffalo, UMD-Baltimore, Campbell, Shenandoah are options I am considering.

Any advice or thoughts as to my chances?

Thanks buddies

Do you have a bachelor degree ?? Having one could improve your chance.

Based on only the things you have mentioned above, I think you only have. 50-50 shot or even less for the schools you listed there.

But do apply to those schools and have some lower tier schools as backups and you will have a fine chance getting somewhere. GL 🙂