Pharm and Law?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProfessorXanax

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

So I've been digging into some potential careers in pharmacy for me in the future. I discussed with some people about possibly taking the route to becoming a patent attorney. Current patent attorneys have told me that someone with a specialized background in pharmaceuticals would be a great candidate.

What are your thoughts on this topic? Would I be able to do some law school while still in pharmacy? Graduate pharmacy, pick up a job and go to law school at night? Etc. Lemme know!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey y'all,

So I've been digging into some potential careers in pharmacy for me in the future. I discussed with some people about possibly taking the route to becoming a patent attorney. Current patent attorneys have told me that someone with a specialized background in pharmaceuticals would be a great candidate.

What are your thoughts on this topic? Would I be able to do some law school while still in pharmacy? Graduate pharmacy, pick up a job and go to law school at night? Etc. Lemme know!

This is a great area and there is high demand for people with pharmacy and law backgrounds. I have a friend that does this and he has recruiters calling him all the time! Try looking at PharmD/JD programs. there are some out there and they help you finish earlier so you can get that high in demand job!

Members don't see this ad :)
My school had a pharmd/jd program

Although those are two of the most/soon to be most, saturated professions out there. I can't speak to the combo degree programs and what jobs are open, but I know a lot of underemployed lawyers

Confettiflyer and lcow2004, thanks for the info! And lcow2004 that gives me some excitement about the career if I decide to go that route. I'm trying to network and find out some more info about the career outlook from current patent attorneys. It's going okay so far!