Pharm Assistant Position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaraPharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently gotten a job working at a pharmacy and am extremely nervous about it. I have VERY LITTLE prior experience, just shadowing. Are there any tips that any of you can give me regarding the work and what i should be expecting on a daily basis. Any help is much appreciated.

Additionally, the employer who hired me knows I want to be a pharmacist but does not know whether I applied or not and therefore when I will be starting. Ideally, I would like to stay on good terms with the guy to use as future reference.

I will be applying for jan 2012 admission.... should i let him know that asap or wait until i hear back from admissions and then give two weeks notice? tHANks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I have recently gotten a job working at a pharmacy and am extremely nervous about it. I have VERY LITTLE prior experience, just shadowing. Are there any tips that any of you can give me regarding the work and what i should be expecting on a daily basis. Any help is much appreciated.

Additionally, the employer who hired me knows I want to be a pharmacist but does not know whether I applied or not and therefore when I will be starting. Ideally, I would like to stay on good terms with the guy to use as future reference.

I will be applying for jan 2012 admission.... should i let him know that asap or wait until i hear back from admissions and then give two weeks notice? tHANks in advance

What position is it? Cashier? Pharmacy Tech? Pharmacy Intern?

Are you moving far away from home to go to school and not going to be able to work at all once school starts?

its a pharmacy assistant position and yes will be moving away for school.

Members don't see this ad :)
so basically what a pharm tech does...

If I were in your position, I'd talk to the employer about applying and the possibility of a two weeks notice before moving for school.

How long would you end up working if you get accepted?

yeah...i was thinking the same thing...3 months only:oops: