Pharm companies

Started by game24
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

game24

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I want to work in a pharmaceutical company in the future and I was wondering how important is the prestige/ranking of the school you obtained your PharmD and MBA from in
determining competitiveness for a job in any pharmaceutical company? I applied late to pharmacy school (didn't make the deadline for USC, UCSD, UOP, and Western) and I didn't take the PCAT. I applied to some not highly ranked/prestigious schools with a 3.5 science GPA and I was wondering whether it would be ill advised to go to any of those type of schools if my end goal is to work at a company? Am I better off waiting a year to apply to better programs?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wouldn't worry about the ranking as much as I would about what the school has to offer in established connections with pharmaceutical companies for rotations and internships. Rutgers and a couple of the Philly schools (Temple & USP i believe) have established programs here on the east coast. I'm not sure what west coast schools are the equivalent.