Pharm d. realistic for me?

Started by njamah
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

njamah

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I am a bachelor degree nurse interested in pharm. d. I have been a nurse for 3 years, but I am a bit concerned because I am already in my forties. Is this goal a realistic one? I especially would like to hear from nurses switching to pharmacy.
 
njamah said:
Hi everyone,
I am a bachelor degree nurse interested in pharm. d. I have been a nurse for 3 years, but I am a bit concerned because I am already in my forties. Is this goal a realistic one? I especially would like to hear from nurses switching to pharmacy.

There are two RN's in my class. One of them worked as a RN for 18 years.
 
njamah said:
Hi everyone,
I am a bachelor degree nurse interested in pharm. d. I have been a nurse for 3 years, but I am a bit concerned because I am already in my forties. Is this goal a realistic one? I especially would like to hear from nurses switching to pharmacy.
do it!

it is very realistic.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not a nurse, but I AM 41. I start pharm school today.

The important question is whether or not your stats are competitive and whether you're prepared and able to make the change.

Good luck.
 
njamah said:
Hi everyone,
I am a bachelor degree nurse interested in pharm. d. I have been a nurse for 3 years, but I am a bit concerned because I am already in my forties. Is this goal a realistic one? I especially would like to hear from nurses switching to pharmacy.

I am but a youngster (25) in the eyes of most, but there is a woman in my class whois 45 and just starting. You are never too old in my opinion. Go for it!