Pharm for USMLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giznut12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What book is everyone using for Pharm on the USMLE/COMLEX? I am having trouble deciding on Lippincott and Pharm Recall. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

3 days Rapid Review Pharm early (w/ 500 MCQs), and FA 2 days late. This 5 day total is for a 6 week study period, and I feel weak on Pharm.

Willamette

I'm using First Aid, Pharm Recall, Lippencott, Katzung and Trevor roadmap, Lange, pharm cards, Kaplan material, my own notes, my friend's notes and my other friend's notes. Once I get through these, I'll move on to Path

Members don't see this ad :)
minutia said:
I'm using First Aid, Pharm Recall, Lippencott, Katzung and Trevor roadmap, Lange, pharm cards, Kaplan material, my own notes, my friend's notes and my other friend's notes. Once I get through these, I'll move on to Path

That's a lot of Pharm :eek: ...

I used Lippincott's throughout the first two years, so it wasn't too bad reviewing it. I used First Aid as an outline to help this process.

Willamette said:
3 days Rapid Review Pharm early (w/ 500 MCQs), and FA 2 days late. This 5 day total is for a 6 week study period, and I feel weak on Pharm.

Willamette

Whats Rapid Review Pharm with 500 mcqs? :confused:

-=UberSharky=- said:
Whats Rapid Review Pharm with 500 mcqs? :confused:

It's a new review book from Mosby's Rapid Review Series. It has 30 chapters, but is only ~200 pgs long. Even better, it has two 50MCQ paper and pencil exams as well as a customizable question bank on a CDROM w/ something like 400MCQs (Goljan is the editor of the series, and the MCQs all seem to be "Boards Style")! The great thing is that you can taylor the practice questions to give either random Q's or any combination of pharm subjects. This makes it so that, if you want, you can review ONLY questions regarding whatever it was you studied for that day. It's pretty neat.

Willamette

The primary author of rapid review pharm is Pazdernik and he is my pharm professor at my school.

he's really great and his test questions are touted to be very similar to boards.

later