Pharm on Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burberrybrit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to prep for pharm? Our pharm department is not that great, and I always feel like I'm just cramming the pharm in for the exam but remember very few drugs long term. I do have a set of pharm cards. But at the same time, I know I shouldn't be learning all those drugs in the month or two before the exam. Any words of wisdom?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think I learned any pharm during my first 2 years, but try to learn/memorize all the drugs in first aid. Know their mechanism of actions (especially for abx and chemo drugs), side effects, unique characterisitcs, and you'll do fine.

I'm sure everyone here goes to a school that is weak in at least one subject area. Any of us could post saying "I'm weak in Subject X what can I do?"

The best advice is quit whining and start memorizing :D

burberrybrit said:
What's the best way to prep for pharm? Our pharm department is not that great, and I always feel like I'm just cramming the pharm in for the exam but remember very few drugs long term. I do have a set of pharm cards. But at the same time, I know I shouldn't be learning all those drugs in the month or two before the exam. Any words of wisdom?

Don't worry... i am in the same position. Just keep going over them after each different subject that you study, after a while they are bound to stick. people keep telling me its the last thing that you study before the exam. Good luck.