Pharm on Step II CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stridor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
UWorld has a bunch of questions on pharmacology. There are questions on HIV and specific drug side effects and some other things that seem relatively obscure.
Are they indicators of the real test? (Have as anyone seen bizarre pharm like that?)
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I can tell you for certain in a few days, but it seems that there are just some classic drugs worth knowing a few things about, and HIV drugs seem to be among them. UWorld isn't the only QBank that asks about HIV drugs, so it seems worthy to know some of their side effects. My guess is that the most pharm we'll see in terms of actual functioning is with relation to psych. And maybe a few antibiotics affecting Warfarin thrown in there, too.

I had both common and uncommon questions on the real deal. Good ol UW prepared me for an acyclovir question, I think it was almost identical.

Was there a ton of pharm? no. Was there a decent amount? absolutely.

Last edited:
totally random fact - Lasix can cause hearing loss and it's awfully confusing when the patient has also received an aminoglycoside

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)