Pharm School clubs/orgaizations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

inquirer89

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am about to enter my p1 year, and depending on how much studying pharmacy school will require of me, I may join some extracurriculars to meet people and do things other than academics. Anyone recommend any good pharmacy organizations? And is joining a pharmacy fraternity worth it?
 
I am about to enter my p1 year, and depending on how much studying pharmacy school will require of me, I may join some extracurriculars to meet people and do things other than academics. Anyone recommend any good pharmacy organizations? And is joining a pharmacy fraternity worth it?

There's only one you should hope for.

RHO CHI.

And not LO CHI!
 
I am about to enter my p1 year, and depending on how much studying pharmacy school will require of me, I may join some extracurriculars to meet people and do things other than academics. Anyone recommend any good pharmacy organizations? And is joining a pharmacy fraternity worth it?

It depends on how your school has the organizations structured, what your interests are, and what you plan on doing when you get out.
I joined APSA which is an umbrella organization containing ASHP/APhA student chapters and their state counterparts. I also joined AMCP which focuses on managed care and figure it couldn't hurt to pick up some of the pharmacoecon they tend to stress. If you want to do independent pharmacy you could always join NCPA (which has a forum on here). There's also SIA if you want to go industry. Then there are the ethnic clubs. At our school we have KAPSA (Korean American pharmacy student association) VAPSA (Vietnamese), ChAPSA (Chinese), SNPhA (URMs). As for frats, it depends. Most schools have at least one, some two or three. I joined one, and I've been pleased with it, but it's not for everyone.

For those not familiar with the alphabet soup, it's probably best to read FAQs as most if not all of these organizations are mentioned. I believe the frats also have a post in the FAQs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks all for the replys. I want to join at least one professional organization and one pharmacy fraternity. Are the fraternities similar to undergrad, in that there are initiation ceremonies and stuff, or are they more professional oriented? My school has Phi Delta Chi, Kappa Psi, Phi Lambda Sigma, and Kappa Epsilon (which is for women).
 
Thanks all for the replys. I want to join at least one professional organization and one pharmacy fraternity. Are the fraternities similar to undergrad, in that there are initiation ceremonies and stuff, or are they more professional oriented? My school has Phi Delta Chi, Kappa Psi, Phi Lambda Sigma, and Kappa Epsilon (which is for women).

A little of both, more professionally oriented though.

KAPPA PSI!!!!!

That is all, we now return to previously scheduled programming..