pharm school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tommyle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all

im trying to figure out if if being a pharmacist is for me.

how hard is it to get inside pharmacy school?

and if i am starting college this year? how long will it take me to become a pharmacist?

what requirement is needed to go to pharm school?

thanks so much

Members don't see this ad.

hello all

im trying to figure out if if being a pharmacist is for me.

how hard is it to get inside pharmacy school?

and if i am starting college this year? how long will it take me to become a pharmacist?

what requirement is needed to go to pharm school?

thanks so much

im trying to figure out if if being a pharmacist is for me. All of your posts say the same thing.
how hard is it to get inside pharmacy school? All of the people in this pre-pharm forum want to get into the program, so how hard it is, do you think?
and if i am starting college this year? how long will it take me to become a pharmacist? 10 years? 20 years? It depends on you and the program you select.
what requirement is needed to go to pharm school? You asked the same thing in your previous posts, and several already gave you the answer. Why keep repeating? Why don't just help yourself doing a simple search in this SDN?

I agree with the post above. Come on man do some research. search these forums. Almost all of this forum answers your questions spend a few days reading them they help.

Members don't see this ad :)
You will find all your answers through the search function.

abbreviated versions:
Pharm for you: You need to figure that out. We can't do it for you.
Q1: It's hard to get in.
Q2: There are 6yr schools and 4yr schools. 6yr are for high school students.
Q3: Prereq vary between schools.

im trying to figure out if if being a pharmacist is for me. All of your posts say the same thing.
how hard is it to get inside pharmacy school? All of the people in this pre-pharm forum want to get into the program, so how hard it is, do you think?
and if i am starting college this year? how long will it take me to become a pharmacist? 10 years? 20 years? It depends on you and the program you select.
what requirement is needed to go to pharm school? You asked the same thing in your previous posts, and several already gave you the answer. Why keep repeating? Why don't just help yourself doing a simple search in this SDN?

yeah i think i am just confused :( sorry

I didn't mean to confuse you; just that you must get yourself involved more on the quest of figuring out if pharmacist is for you.

The degree of difficulty: http://www.aacp.org/Docs/MainNavigation/InstitutionalData/9346_PSARTable8.pdf

Your pre-requirements may take you at least 1.5 up to 3-4 years depending on the programs offered and school's requirements http://www.aacp.org/Docs/MainNavigation/InstitutionalData/9353_PSARTable1.pdf

That's why I seemed critical to you. Search for the answer. Go to any pharmacy schools' admission office and request an informal interview with a counselor/advisor there. They'd love talking to you about their pharmacy program. This is the shortest way I can think of that can help answer your questions right away. You can even interview the school' pharmacy students, like why they want to be a pharmacist.

http://www.aacp.org/site/page.asp?TRACKID=&VID=1&CID=693&DID=4747 The bottom line is: you are not alone; too many out there have the same problems. However, once making up your mind, you must prepare well your path: excellent GPA, LORs, essays, if school requires PCAT, etc... If you have a solid foundation, you will see so many opportunities out there open up for you. Plan ahead of time.

ooh thanks so much kbv

i have one more question :D

do you think i can use my uncle in law to write me a letter of recommendation?

he's a pharmacist.. i think that would look good on my application.
and also my aunt is a pharmacist but i think she's consider family. but how about my uncle?