Pharm schools take elem stats?

Started by Buhrock
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Buhrock

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if pharmacy schools take elementary statistics as the stats course. I know ETSU does and they have a decent program. Just wondering if anyone else has taken it and it has been ok.
 
You need to check with the pharmacy school you are applying. Just send them a syllabus of your statistic course, they will let you know. I have taken elementary stats and psychology stats. While some schools accept my courses, others do not. For example, University of Michigan COP requires statistics with certain topics in additional to a computer lab.
 
Definitely check with the individual schools. UF just changed their statistics requirement for those applying for (I believe) 2014 matriculation.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if pharmacy schools take elementary statistics as the stats course. I know ETSU does and they have a decent program. Just wondering if anyone else has taken it and it has been ok.

I took intro to statistics several years ago. According to all course work I've submitted to MWU, it appears as though they will take it. However, I don't trust anyone when it comes to that. So, right now I'm taking a higher level statistics just to cover my butt. I don't want to be a week before matriculation only to have someone tell me that my statsitcs doesn't count. :smack::bang::wtf:
 
I took Intro To stats 200. The class should be good for almost all pharmacy schools. To be sure though, I would call your schools and ask someone on the admissions committee🙂