Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Pharm Shelf exam

Discussion in 'Step I' started by csmith1, Apr 17, 2004.

1. csmith1

csmith1 Member
    7+ Year Member

All right...the jist of most threads is that First Aid is sufficient for Step 1 for Pharm. We have an NBME pharm final, and I cannot forsee having the time to make it through all 4 blocks of syllabi I've accumulated since last August. I'm assuming that FA is not enough, but how bad is the pharm shelf final?

While I have your attention...how is the NBME path final and behavioral science final? I do have the BRS for each of those (+ Robbins Review) but thought I'd ask anyway.

thanks in advance....

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. fernj1975

fernj1975 Member
    7+ Year Member

I just took the Pharm NBME shelf exam on Friday and thought it was relatively fair. I will say that from the exam I took First Aid was enough. I over studied pharmacokinetics and cancer drugs. Make sure you know the autonomic and psychiatric drugs well. If you go over the major side effects and treatments you should be ok. I only remembered about 15 diagrams or so. About 90 percent of the questions were in clinical vignette form. I took the Behavioral science shelf exam last year and distinctly remember that about half the test was ethics and doctor/patient interaction. Good luck.

4. csmith1

csmith1 Member
    7+ Year Member

all right...thanks. other commentary is welcome and encouraged. :thumbup: