Pharm Shelf exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csmith1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
All right...the jist of most threads is that First Aid is sufficient for Step 1 for Pharm. We have an NBME pharm final, and I cannot forsee having the time to make it through all 4 blocks of syllabi I've accumulated since last August. I'm assuming that FA is not enough, but how bad is the pharm shelf final?

While I have your attention...how is the NBME path final and behavioral science final? I do have the BRS for each of those (+ Robbins Review) but thought I'd ask anyway.

thanks in advance....

Members don't see this ad.

I just took the Pharm NBME shelf exam on Friday and thought it was relatively fair. I will say that from the exam I took First Aid was enough. I over studied pharmacokinetics and cancer drugs. Make sure you know the autonomic and psychiatric drugs well. If you go over the major side effects and treatments you should be ok. I only remembered about 15 diagrams or so. About 90 percent of the questions were in clinical vignette form. I took the Behavioral science shelf exam last year and distinctly remember that about half the test was ethics and doctor/patient interaction. Good luck.

all right...thanks. other commentary is welcome and encouraged. :thumbup: