Pharm Tech and Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

justonemoregirl

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,

I worked at Walgreens as a pharm tech for around 5 months but quit because the whole company was unprofessional and made me float (often to places that were far and out of my floating pool) and also only gave me a horrible schedule (midshift) all the time. They also made me transfer to stores in the middle of me working at another store all the time. So finally I quit.

I want to know if being a Pharmacy Tech will be a huge deciding factor in getting into Pharmacy School. I am hoping to get into a school after the next two years and if I must, I will be willing to look for another pharm tech job. Thanks
 
I never was a pharm tech and got into 4 places. You could try volunteering or shadowing to get more experience if you want. Or maybe a different company would give you a better experience. Not everyone has tech experience.
 
Having tech experience is definitely a plus on a pharmacy school application, however I would say that maybe just about half of our class had no tech experience when we first began. As long as you have other ECs, volunteering, etc. on your application then not having tech experience shouldn't be THAT big of a deal.